Supplier Management Engineer
Consultant Lucas Lin
Date posted 29 July 20192019-08-06 2019-09-27 electronics Taipei TW TWD 845000 1300000 1300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.tw https://www.robertwalters.com.tw/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading international renewable energy business is seeking a high-calibre Supplier Management Engineer in Taipei to support a large, complex business unit with a regional remit.
- Align with Global Procurement organisation on potential and existing local supply base
- Plan, align and execute on-site assessments of potential suppliers
- Evaluate strength, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for local supply base, e.g. financial, compliance, delivery performance or technical capabilities
- Drive action plans with suppliers for gap closure
- Report, monitor and drive development of performance of local supply base
- Initiate, perform and support improvement programs with suppliers e.g. for cost reduction, lean manufacturing, quality/delivery performance or technology development
- Drive actions to avoid or respond to escalations with local supply base
- Strong quality expertise and work experience (preferably in wind, energy, marine, offshore or rail); proven work experience with supplier management, audits, Total Cost, Lean Manufacturing tools or Cost Value Analysis are beneficial
- Able to work independently and drive topics and suppliers; team & customer orientation; hands on ability; structured way of work; good English skills
- Experience in working within matrix organisations
About the organisation
This award-winning renewable energy multinational has made a profit for every year and promotes from within – career progression opportunities are outstanding.