Senior Buyer(Taichung base)
Consultant Lucas Lin
Date posted 28 April 20192019-04-28 2019-06-27 manufacturing-and-production No. 1 Songzhi Road Taipei Robert Walters
A leading international manufacturer business is seeking a high-calibre Senior Buyer in Taiwan to support a large, complex business unit with a regional remit.
• Participate in sourcing and improvement activities with the goal to achieve cost reductions, while maintaining or improving quality or service levels.
• Assist the Category managers in preparing and co-ordinating quotations, provide them with the relevant information.
• Issue purchase orders/call-offs with suppliers and processing order confirmations, this with a medium to high level of complexity.
• Communication with suppliers on order lead times, pricing etc.
• Communication with group companies regarding their demand planning and material requisition
• Address and solve issues during the purchase process
• Communication internally with QC workers located at various suppliers locations
• Order & supplier management, making sure goods are delivered on time
• Maintain procurement documents, files and records
• Close co-operation with the operational buyer, this to give support to group companies
• Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) preferable in business administration, finance, procurement or supply chain management
• Minimum of 3 to 4 years working experience
• Good communication skills, verbal and written, in both Chinese and English
• Good computer skills, especially with programs like Excel and various ERP systems
• You have a positive and energetic work attitude
• Feeling comfortable in an international fast paced environment
• Pro-active work attitude, act without being prompted
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to read and analyze data and create improvement plans
• Team player but also capable to work individual when the demand is there
About the organisation:
This award-winning manufacturer multinational has made a profit for every year and promotes from within – career progression opportunities are outstanding