Senior Manager - Operations Excellence
Consultant Alvin Chen
Date posted 02 October 20192019-10-02 2019-12-01 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Taoyuan TW TWD 1800000 2000000 2000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.tw https://www.robertwalters.com.tw/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leader in the third party logistics company, which is poised to take strong leadership in a fragmented market needs a Senior Manager - Operations Excellence to lead a stable and knowledgeable team in the new phase of the company's development in Taiwan. Located in Taoyuan, Taiwan, you will report directly to the GM Taiwan.
- Use the Company’s productivity improvement methodology, drive year over year improvements in operational efficiency. This will include using various lean tools and techniques in order to determine, prioritise, and execute initiatives. Performance will be based on the ability to relentlessly drive programs and initiatives to increase productivity and lower labour costs
- Lead the efforts on labour management best practice by processes in the warehouses and verticals of the Company. The first phase is to benchmark DCS activities by using the WMS. The second phase is to implement a holistic labour management system, either utilising a 3rd party system, or one that is internally developed)
- Train and develop of local resources by designing, developing, and facilitating key training & development programs. Share process improvement programs or operational best practices among the Operational Leadership Council
- Define and drive operational best practices. Promote operational deficiencies through structured bench-marking for improvements. Assist the VP on forming the network of operational leaders from countries who work on SOP and best practice validations
- Bachelor Degree or higher, major in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management/Solutions, Logistics Management, Systems Engineering, Operations Research
- Highly preferred with professional certification, for example, PMP, Six Sigma Green Belt, Six Sigma Black Belt, LEAN Certification
- Occasional travel required
- Good spoken and written in English and Mandarin
- Microsoft Office; Outlook Express; WMS; Excel; Access; Red Prairie
About the organisation
This leading logistics services firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field. With a long and strong history, this is an exciting time to join their development.