Consultant Sharon Chen
Date posted 18 May 2018No. 1 Songzhi Road Taipei Robert Walters Taiwan
A leading MNC Consumer product company is seeking a Sales Director in Taipei who is responsible for establishing Sales Excellence, lead to develop and execute of the local sales strategy for the company in alignment with Company vision.
- Strategy: Contribute to the formulation, approval and implementation of the company’s strategy as a member of the management team. Develop and execute Sales Strategy in association with local management and relevant Group Strategy Function Unit as well as profit targets. Develop, implement and monitor measures for the position’s area of responsibility. Participate in the formulation of local / Group strategy where applicable.
- Budget Plan: Develop short, medium and long-range division and budget plans for the position’s delegated decision area regarding volume, NSV and Gross Margin and submit the plans to MD for decision with the objective to hit/exceed the annual sales targets within the assigned territory and expand the company’s customer base. Translate the approved plans into concrete actions and introduce corrective measures in the event of deviations from targets. Understand category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Customer Relationship: Develop and maintain close, personal, senior-level customer contacts with customers (trade) to understand their business needs and objectives. Ensure that brand strategy is effectively communicated and executed at all different account levels, e.g. HQ, Regional HQ, branches, etc.
- Channel and Key Account Management:
- Develop and execute sales channels and key account specific sales tools in co-operation with marketing, e.g. product assortment, planogram, merchandising, promotions and demonstrations. Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies, analysing trends and results
- Establishes sales objectives for Top 10 Key Accounts by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Develop and execute competitive pricing system in line with company strategy, global account and different customer requirements in collaboration with Management team. Maintains sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors
- Support / lead group initiatives at local level where applicable
- Review and renew annual Agreement in line with global Agreement to improve service and terms for Company
- Ensure that all sales targets as set in the strategy are met, e.g. NSV, GM, numerical and weighted distribution, in-store presence, and promotion share
- Introduce corrective measures in the event of deviations
- Manages the sales process effectively by analysing the status-quo, develop plans for constant improvement and implement them in the respective area of responsibility, identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target market
- Maximising new business development opportunities and representing the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events
- People Management: Lead, direct, motivate and develop Sales Team in accordance with the Values of the company. Recruits, selects, orientates and trains employees. Take personnel decisions by agreement with the MD and the guidelines of the Group Human Resources department. Develop a high performance sales team through on and off the job training in line with CNWS.
- Experience in FMCG, durable household or other consumer branded products.
- Lead of a high performing sales team.
- Direct sales experience with customers (e.g. Costco, Carrefour, Auchan).
- Adequate academic program completed or practical sales experience.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin / Basic German.
- Strong leadership skills: Able to coordinate and lead field based sales team.
- Results orientated: A drive to achieve results and be focused on company performance in all decisions that are made.
- Good negotiator: Able to use interpersonal and influencing skills to achieve results for company benefit.
- Good decision maker: Ability to be decisive based on information available at the time.
- Ability to foster team spirit amongst team: Able to manage and motivate a field based team.