Display Development Assistant Manager
Salary TWD1,000,000 - TWD1,200,000 per annum
Consultant Hank Wu
Date posted 01 November 2018 2018-11-012018-12-31 fmcg No. 1 Songzhi Road Taipei Robert Walters Taiwan
Overview * Reporting into the Display Development Leader, this market level role is responsible for delivering against MWC’s (Confection) display strategy in driving a step change in in-store coverage as a key lever of physical availability. This role will be accountable for executing display solutions to support the business strategy within market and developing any locally needed solutions to meet strategic partner needs. Whilst initially there will be multiple locally based projects (already initiated in market), the end game is to drive efficiency where possible within the cluster and from globally led solutions. * It is envisaged that the Display Development team will need initially be flexible across the current trade and channel marketing agenda, working with the Activity Development Planners and Customer Activity Managers to deliver seamless transition of in-store agenda with customers.
- Ensure the right balance between global and cluster led solutions and locally delivered solutions, making recommendations to the Display Development Leader through the OP and activity planning process.
- Contribute to the creation of display strategies to maximise transactions and conversions for the business unit leveraging global display catalogues.
- Lead the testing of display solutions in the market engaging with customers, managing prototypes and finally tracking data to measure impact on shoppers and/or Sales.
- Work collaboratively with the Customer Development team to better understand customers’ needs and use this insight for future display design locally as well as input for the Global display team.
- Accountable for the deployment of all display solutions within customers across channels working closely with all relevant internal stakeholders e.g. Sales / R&D / Customer marketing / Commercial to meet success criteria.
- Create and execute trade decks to ensure the Field & Customer teams have the sell-in tools they need to engage with customers and ensure they have appropriate instructions to land the activity plan effectively.
- Responsible for inspiring customers with disruptive display innovations and ensure that MWC are perceived as the best in class supplier for creative solutions.
- In partnership with the Customer Management team, sell concepts to customers where appropriate leveraging relevant shopper and customer insights & data.
- Seek to identify display opportunities and best practice which can be leveraged across Customers or by the Global display team.
- Influence key stakeholders to ensure the needs of shoppers and customers are brought to life, in strategic plans and the in-store execution.
- Work with key suppliers on development, prototyping, technical specifications and H&S compliance in alignment with Commercial and the Display Leader.
- Graduate calibre, with moderate experience in FMCG/consumer products with a Category and demand background and experience in display development or in-Store design.
- Display development experience with a demonstrated ability to develop and execute successfully strong and impactful display solutions in a diverse range of customers.
- Ability to navigate complex situations managing multiple activities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, challenge the status quo with a can-do attitude and adopt a continuous improvement mindset to identify opportunities for enhancement.
- Demonstrated ability to operationalise and execute a display strategy and engage and influence both customers and key stakeholders behind it.
- Commercially astute and proven business judgement with an understanding of the commercial impact of one’s own decision making.
- Experience in areas such as (but not exclusive to): Sales, Consumer and Customer Marketing, Shopper Insights, In-store Design or R&D design.