Trade Marketing Assistnt Manager
Consultant Hank Wu
Date posted 31 October 2018 2018-10-312018-12-30 fmcg No. 1 Songzhi Road Taipei Robert Walters Taiwan
* The Trade Marketing Assistant Manager reports to the Trade Marketing Manager for the cluster, serving as a key business co-pilot for the sales teams and key member of the local market centre of excellence for trade investment. This expert role is instrumental in helping to deliver profitable growth for the organisation by partnering with the Sales teams to develop and execute trade investment frameworks and programs of sale across the channels and customers and helping maximise the productivity and returns of customer Trade terms budgets for both the company and the customer in line with the associated CBU/Brand growth strategies.
- All Tade Marketing roles require strong commercial, leadership and influencing capability with the ability to build effective working relationships/teams and inspire and motivate stakeholders both internally and externally.
- A proven record in analysing and modelling complicated data sets and the creation of analysis tools (Excel, Databases) to aid decision making. The ability to use this information to reach insightful conclusions and create robust recommendations (‘So What’) and present outputs in an informative way.
- An understanding of the commercial P&L from RRP to NSV is required, including how changes in sales and investments affect this.
- An understanding of the concepts of trade promotions (Price discounts, uplifts, base & incremental volumes, trigger funding), ROI, TLI, Trade shape would be helpful. As would the ability to calculate customer trade margin through different investment levels
- Knowledge and experience using analytical models and TPM IT systems for accurate promotional scenario planning, including their integration with other information management/forecasting systems (e.g., Funds Management and Demand Planning)
- Understanding of the strategic & operational impacts of trade promotional decisions across the 5C’s (i.e. Category, Consumer, Customer, Competitor, Company) and the impact of changes on the value chain.
- Support the Sales Leadership team, Channel Trading Directors, SRM Trade ROI Manager and KAMs to deliver the annual growth requirements in line with trade promotional budgets by conducting customer event level ROI analysis, and utilizing insights gathered to inform ongoing customer promotional plans.
- Support the improvement in management and control of trade promotional investment and ongoing productivity and ROI effectiveness by:
- Partnering with KAM/KA Analysts to strengthen the depth and breadth of pre and post event trade promotion evaluations, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of volume and financial information is uploaded to TPM systems for funds management, ROI analysis and demand planning
- Consolidating & monitoring compliance to promotional guidelines at account or budget holder level
- Supporting the KAMs and Sales budget holders to verify & consolidate trade promotional information for exception sign off through S&OP+
- Own the creation and analysis of all trade promotional reporting for the CBU/brands and Channels/customers, including on a periodic basis
- Monitoring Retail Promotional Landscape across CBUs/brands (e.g. Promotional Price Points)
- Conducting detailed promotional analysis across channels/pack types to highlight opportunities