Global Commodity Manager - Mechanicals
Consultant Lucas Lin
Date posted 08 March 2019 2019-03-082019-05-07 electronics Taipei TW TWD 1600000 2300000 2300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.tw
A leading international smart phone technology business is seeking a high-calibre Global Commodity Manager (specialised in Camera’s Mechanicals(Plastic&Metal)) to be base in Taipei to support a large, complex business unit with a regional remit.
- Develop commodity sourcing strategy and execute to best deliver to cost, supply, and innovation targets
- Develop a commodity roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities
- Leads the analysis of a specific commodity data and industry trends or leads an individual supply chain sub- category
- Participates as a senior member on a cross-functional team (may lead specific projects)
- Meets with Stakeholder managers to understand business priorities and translate them into procurement plans; comprehends the industry and the Marketplace.
- Utilizes supply chain and financial modeling tools.
- Conduct regular business review with suppliers to ensure continuous improvement on scorecard performance
- Executes risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management, and operation strategies
- Drives alignment between Supplier roadmaps and company line of business roadmaps
- Implements company initiatives with supply base as required. Identifies opportunities for supply chain optimization and implements as appropriate. Identifies suppliers that provide relevant technology for products.
- Negotiate commodity cost based on market dynamics and financial commitments to key internal stakeholders
- Track and anticipate financial performance and industry dynamics
- Manage internal stakeholder relationship in driving new product introductions, commodity/technology lifecycle, demand/supply, etc.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for cost savings optimization
- Develops and maintains relationships with executives and senior executives at suppliers
- Tracks new technology development for assigned products/suppliers.
- Identifies suppliers that provide relevant technology for products.
- Be responsible for AVL for commodity managing supplier selection, qualification and price negotiation
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology
- Interface with Program Management to assess current and future sourcing requirements
- Drive quarterly supplier business reviews that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
- Work closely with our Engineering teams to support product development efforts, to influence sourcing decisions, meet customer expectations, technical capabilities, and program objectives.
- Work closely with Engineering to define standard and custom product requirements.
- Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, cost and quality improvements.
- Deliver periodic executive business review of commodity sourcing strategy, considering the industry landscape, supplier capabilities, scale and performance, product and technical roadmaps and strategic business objectives.
- Years of experiences: At least 8 years of experiences
- Preferred experiences: mechanicals background required
- Target companies: international well-known ODM and Brand companies
- 8+ plus years of experience in high-tech manufacturing, consumer electronics, and supply chain
- Experience in mechanicals (plastic, metal, tooling, etc.) is highly desirable
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection).
- Strong knowledge and use of procurement tools and applications.
- Strong communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Strong teamwork and basic leadership skills; basic influencing skills.
- Experience leading strategy development in supply chain management and optimization
- Strong leadership skills and ability to assume leadership role with cross-functional peers.
- Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to develop efficient work processes for complex projects involving many groups, across multiple geographies and effectively coordinate, implement, and maintain those processes
- Demonstrated experience interacting with cross-functional teams (internally & externally) with the ability for effective communication
- Strong understanding of procurement processes, industry, and suppliers.
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
About the organisation:
This is a US-listed leader in technology. With next generation technology taking new steps to supplement the existing stable and world-renowned solutions platform, this organisation is poised to be a disrupter in a fragmented market. It provides an excellent career path, competitive compensation package.