Indirect Procurement Manager - Manufacturing
Consultant Nick Huang
Date posted 04 January 2018No. 1 Songzhi Road Taipei Robert Walters Taiwan
An exciting Indirect Procurement Manager position has just become available at one of the most respected global manufacturing business based in Taipei. Reporting directly to the regional procurement head, this is a role for a procurement talent who is a leader in their field.
- manage the buyers of 3 Asia plants to handle daily purchase request to ensure smooth plant operation with high cost efficiency.
- lead and support the part-time buyers (dotting reporting line) of Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia offices to handle the local procurement requests.
- responsible for all procurement activities for plant and Taipei office
- work closely with various functions (e.g. Supply Chain, IT, Marketing) for Asia regional initiative, act as a high professional procurement advisor
- standardise and optimise the Indirect Procurement guideline, process and practices for Asia region plants and office
- lead the team to focus on operational level procurement as well as strategic sourcing initiatives
- dedicate to develop vendor resource and experiences sharing among team members and even among regions in order to seek opportunities and categorise the management
- hold team accountable to core values, objectives and tactics. Pushes team to achieve all assigned deliverable. Audits the work of his/her team
- bachelor's degree or higher; Engineering educational background is a plus
- over 10 years’ work experience with minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing industry is required
- solid experience with team/project management, be good at finding common ground in complex and multi-stakeholders circumstance.
- be capable to quick react in a fast-paced working environment.
- fluent in English and Mandarin
- Asia level regional exposure acquired in previous employment is required
- mobile to travel within the APAC region
About the organisation
The successful Indirect Procurement talent will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised business offers a great working environment and clear career progression.