Senior Program Manager
Consultant Alice Tsai
Date posted 05 November 2018 2018-11-052019-01-04 it No. 1 Songzhi Road Taipei Robert Walters Taiwan
A rapidly expanding company is looking for a talented Program Manager in Taiwan to take on a newly created role.
- manages the development and implementation of a company’s products and services to success
- monitors the program from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and overseeing budget or spending. Gathers input from the project team and acts independently to develop a Project Plan for projects of moderate to significant scope which may include novel products or services. Uses established tools, approaches or methodologies and templates to guide and document the plan and communicate it to the team. Gathers feedback from the team to revise and complete the Project Plan as needed
- may lead multiple limited to moderate scope projects simultaneously, or manage part of a larger program directly or through oversight of less senior program managers
- nominates and solicits participation of team members from key stakeholder teams including Offer/Product Management, Engineering, Service/Support and other functional groups, set timelines and budgets independently. Oversees the work of the project team (indirectly supervises) involving members from a wide range of disciplines including engineering, marketing, and operations.
- organises cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the program i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints. Owns regular meeting coordination, facilitation and documentation of progress
- gathers status updates from the project team and interprets inputs from the team to assemble a consolidated view of status. Provides regular status updates to senior management as directed. Status reports are expected to be concise summaries, tailored to the audience. Owns ensuring alignment from key leaders of milestone achievement before moving the program forward
- demonstrates the ability to see cross-functional impacts of decisions and project plans and execution. Balances scope, schedule and budget considerations to adjust the project with minimal impact to the business. Understands the business objectives of the program and assumes personal accountability for success of the program against those objectives
- provides assistance with coordination of deliverables and project assets to assist the project team. Personally anticipates and addresses obstacles or issues that are moderate to significant in severity and escalates complex issues to management for assistance. Independently engages additional resources as needed to address obstacles or delays. Adjusts the plan per management guidelines as delays or obstacles are experienced
- demonstrates intermediate knowledge and application of basic Program Management techniques and approaches including familiarity with vocabulary. Demonstrates knowledge and use of PMI PMBOK language and concepts. Effectively uses project management tools in scheduling and staffing plans, with an understanding of task duration and dependencies. Develops exhaustive risk management plans
- minimum ten years' experience in Computer Sentience, Engineering or related degree is preferred
- proficient in both Mandarin and English
About the organisation
This company empowers those on the front line in retail, health care, transportation and logistics, manufacturing and other industries to achieve a performance edge — an edge that translates to delighted customers, good patient outcomes and superior business results.