Power Engineer (DC/DC)
Consultant Stefany Chen
Date posted 24 June 20192019-06-24 2019-08-23 it Taipei TW TWD 1500000 2000000 2000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.tw https://www.robertwalters.com.tw/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A world-leading company is looking for a Power Engineer to join the next design phase with their design teams.
- Responsible for power design for server/storage, networking switch and telecom products
- Work as a leader on the projects for power design from kick off to mass production and co-work with customers, system architect, and internal engineering team to define the whole system of power delivery architecture
- Work with Electrical Engineers to provide the power block diagram as well as cooperate with suppliers to select suitable components such as converter, controller, capacitor, transistor, connectors etc.
- Use the CAD Tools like ORCAD Capture or Mentor to work out the power schematic
- Develop the DC/DC test plan according to the generic power test plan and customers’ special requirements (EVT: full test; DVT: regression test)
- Provide technical support to manufacturing team for the power related issues during development phase, and after mass production
- Manage the power related calculations and simulations to ensure the stability and reliability of the power design as well as do the DC/DC verification based on the items in the test plan and test report
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics, power, or computer engineering with at least seven years of experience in DC/DC power design
- Capable of using ORCAD capture or Mentor for schematic
- Good knowledge in power design on Intel platform with compliance of VR11, VR12, VR12.5, VR13 etc
- Strong design knowledge in switching power topologies such as buck, boost, etc
- Extensive knowledge in understanding the passive components and familiar with the key parameters in selecting components in a power design
- Able to communicate in English in both written and verbal format
About the organisation
The successful candidate will join the company and its management team whose expertise has made them the leader in the their field globally. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment, promising career path, and attractive employment benefits.