Country Finance Lead
Salary Attractvie Package
Consultant Thomas Chiu
Date posted 13 July 2018No. 1 Songzhi Road Taipei Robert Walters Taiwan
Reporting to North Asia finance functional head, the Country Finance Lead is responsible for all matters relating to the finance of the company. As a member of the executive management team, the Country Finance Lead also provides the TW GM with financial information and advice necessary to enable the GM to manage the company effectively.
Key Responsibilities of this Country Finance Lead:
- Assist, influence, enable and ensure that BU financial targets for Taiwan & North Asia are met by efficiently monitoring KPIs.
- Lead and manage the planning process (Quarterly updates, Annual budgeting, Strategic planning)
- Support BU Leads on monthly budget vs actual analysis, diagnosis and decision making processes
- Provide sound financial analyses of cases for new business opportunities that exist at Local level (key accounts; new commercial policies; distribution channels; specific Capital Investments; etc.)
- Regularly connect with key distributors to ensure their business soundness, learn market competition and provide relevant business consultancy
- Assist BU define customer segmentation / base price / discounts
- Provide training and guidance to BU on finance basics and operation procedures
- Closely communicate with North Asia cluster for performance reporting, planning and ad-hoc topics.
- Build interdependent partnership with all functional business partners across the country
- Follow-up activities in relation to the recent Synthes integration project (Synergy & integration cost tracking; trouble-shooting for system & process issues; etc.)
- Proactively contribute to maintaining and improving a strong internal control environment e.g. understanding & applying SOPs/Work Instructions and updating as necessary, performing SOX testing, identifying risks and proposing potential solutions etc.
- Involvement in / drive standardization of process improvement & sharing best practice across Taiwan & North Asia and wider J&J
- Supervision and coaching for direct reports, ownership for skill improvement & career development
- Proactively take responsibility for personal development
- Contribute to the improvement in employee satisfaction across the wider Finance Team
- Any other relevant work
Qualifications for this Country Finance Lead:
- University Degree & recognized Professional Accountancy qualification
- Minimum +10 years post-qualification experience including Taiwan pharmaceuticals industry
- Ability to bring clarity to complex business issues and proven success in managing complex projects & processes
- A track record of driving constructive change should be evident
- Ability to analyze the financial data ensuring that it makes business sense
- Strong team player, people manager and ethical
- Highly computer literate, experience with ERP systems and Microsoft packages.
- Influencing skills - across cultural differences and ensuring all management understand the Financial priorities and constraints, ability to align business partners on tough financial calls
- Committed to on-time-zero-defect reporting and compliance with the company's standards
- Utilize knowledge of organizational drivers, dynamics, and informal networks to influence appropriate business decisions
- Delivers presentations to senior management with confidence in English; facilitate group discussions to ensure understanding and achieve the best possible outcome; provide recommendations and solutions; encourage others to speak their mind; demonstrate confidence to acknowledge when answer is unknown to a business question
- Anticipate and manage competing and changing priorities; recommend trade-offs for business impact
- Communicate and get cross-organizational alignment around the time constraints and commitments required; anticipate and resolve workload bottlenecks
- Native in Taiwanese language and fluent in verbal & written English