Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Thomas Chiu
Date posted 29 March 2018No. 1 Songzhi Road Taipei Robert Walters Taiwan
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Finance Director based in Taiwan, Taipei is responsible for all matters relating to the accounts and finance of the company. As a member of the executive management team, the FD provides the Managing Director with financial information and advice necessary to enable the MD to manage the company effectively. The Finance Director also seeks advice and guidance from the CFO of South Asia Pacific Area Headquarters and World
Duties and responsibilities of this Finance Director is listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of timely and accurate accounting reports and financial statements by compiling, processing, analysing and interpreting, financial data for management, SAPA and WHQ in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Compnay Financial Manual, SAPA and Local Policies and Procedures.
- Directs and controls the cash management including cost control, credits, collections and currency exposure compliance to company's policy.
- Establish and maintains a system of internal accounting control, incorporating suitable checks and balances and segregation of duties, adequate to protect company assets and to assure consistent adherence to accounting standards and principles.
- Develops, established and administers budget programs, financial plans and goals and cost estimates consistent with SAPA and WHQ objectives, monitoring progress, appraising variations and recommending alternatives to management.
- Provide trend analysis and advice or suggestions to other Department Heads so that variances can be addressed in an expedient manner.
- Obtains and reviews projections and other data from other departments for use in pricing decisions and ensures that adequate information is presented to the management for the establishment of prices.
- Determines and ensures that all finance policy & procedures and other guidelines comply with WHQ policy and the requirements of adequate internal control.
- Ensure that the Company complies with local laws and regulations relating to financial matters, taxation, accounting, licensing and registrations, compensation of employees, banking, financial disclosure and dividend payments.
- Supports and participates the Quality activities within the Company and encourages his/her direct report to do the same through continuous process improvement and taking effective actions on Quality Plan.
- Responsible for adequately staffing of the Financial Department in order to carry out assigned functions properly. Train and develop staff of the Financial Department in order to achieve maximum utilization of their skills and abilities.
- As a member of management team, helps formulate and supports the overall Company business objectives and strategic plans.
- Creates and fosters a culture of business practices, instills an awareness of an commitment of the Code of Ethics and performs responsibilities in compliance with the Code.
- Other qualifications of this Finance Director role are summarized as below.
Qualifications for this Finance Director:
- University degree and professional qualification in Accounting.
- Minimum three years experience with international accounting firm.
- Minimum ten years experience in accounting and financial management experience covering all aspects of business functions.
- Knowledge/experience with international money market operations.
- Experience in ERP systems.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Relevant experience in engineering and construction industries is a pllus.